Ocean Import Operations Coordinator
Unique Logistics International, Inc. is a rapidly growing global logistics and freight forwarding company looking to fill an Ocean Import Coordinator position. The Ocean Import Coordinator position handles shipments from beginning to the end of its life cycle. This position works in a fast-paced environment and requires a strong sense of urgency, the ability to manage tight deadlines, a positive “can do” attitude, and excellent customer service skills.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recommend and explain shipping solutions to importers or agents
- Select shipping routes based on the nature of goods shipped, transit times, and security needs
- Determine efficient and cost-effective methods of moving goods from one location to another
- Reserve necessary space on ships, aircraft, trains, or trucks
- Arrange delivery or storage of goods at destinations
- Consolidate loads with a common destination to reduce costs to individual shippers
- Effectively communicate to customers of factors such as shipping options, timelines, transfers, or regulations affecting shipments
- Keep records of goods dispatched or received
- Monitor or record locations of goods in transit
- Pay or arrange for payment for freights or other charges
- Prepare invoices or cost quotations for freight transportation
- Provide shipment status notifications to exporters, consignees, or insurers
- Strong knowledge of import processing
- Good organizational skills
- Desire to learn
- Excellent customer service skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- CargoWise experience
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Location – Chicago, IL and Atlanta, GA
Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
Unique Logistics International (NYC), LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.