Manager - Ocean Import Operations
JOB POSTING DATE: May 24, 2022
LOCATION – Atlanta, GA
Unique Logistics International, Inc. (OTCMKTS: UNQL) (the “Company”), is a rapidly growing global logistics and freight forwarding company looking to fill a Manager - Ocean Import position in Atlanta, GA. The Manager – Ocean Import is responsible for providing high level of support and supervision to Ocean Import department by managing the daily activities. This position will lead all functional aspects of day-to-day operations to ensure ongoing process improvement, efficiency, and performance per the corporate objectives, strategy, and plans.
RESPONSIBILITIES (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Manage and monitor the ATL Ocean Import Team’s day-to-day operations.
- Promote the team’s development by providing leadership, direction, support, and motivation to achieve objectives.
- Train employees and maintain employee development plans.
- Provide guidance to the team and manage escalations from our clients.
- Audit and research service performance issues and make recommendations for improvements.
- Maintain close communication with internal and external customers, carriers, other offices, and vendors.
- Actively manage service, development, and retention program for customers.
- Cultivate positive teamwork.
- Interview candidates, train new employees, assign tasks, and direct work.
- Conduct performance reviews; reward and discipline employees, addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Assure accurate and timely billings and resolve accounting issues.
- 10+ years of Ocean Import Operations experience with increasing responsibilities, including supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of Ocean Import operations
- Strong import carrier relationships
- Team focused management style that fits into a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate teams to deliver high quality standards
- Working knowledge of CargoWise
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
Unique Logistics International (NYC), LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.