Manager - Air Import
JOB POSTING DATE: May 24, 2022
LOCATION – Santa Fe Springs, CA
Unique Logistics International, Inc. (OTCMKTS: UNQL) (the “Company”), is a rapidly growing global logistics and freight forwarding company looking to fill a Manager of Air Import position. The Manager of Air Import is responsible for providing a high level of support and supervision to the Air Import department by managing the daily activities of the import team. The Manager of Air Import will lead all functional aspects of day-to-day operations to ensure ongoing process improvement, efficiency, and performance per the corporate objectives, strategy, and plans. The Manager of Air Import will report to the General Manager of Import Operations and have a direct reporting relationship as well as supervisory responsibilities of Air Import in the LAX Office.
RESPONSIBILITIES (The following is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. It is not an exhaustive list of all expectations.):
- Supervise Air Import operations activities
- Responsible for proper processing of import shipments
- Research and resolve problems on import shipments
- Assist in identifying and improving service and operations related issues in a station, including on-time delivery, accurate and timely data entry, etc.
- Assist in auditing and researching service performance issues and develop recommendations for improvements
- Perform accounting tasks such as billing
- 10+ years of Air Import Operations experience with increasing responsibilities, including supervisory experience
- Strong knowledge of Import Air operations
- Strong import carrier relationships
- Team focused management style that fits into a fast-paced environment
- Ability to motivate teams to deliver high quality standards
- Excellent working knowledge of CargoWise
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail, demonstrated integrity and professionalism.
- Proven ability to perform under pressure and stress and to adjust plans to meet changing needs and requirements.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
Unique Logistics International (NYC), LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.