JOB POSTING DATE: May 20, 2022
LOCATION – Jamaica, NY
Unique Logistics International, Inc. (OTCMKTS: UNQL) (the “Company”), is a rapidly growing global logistics and freight forwarding company looking to fill a key finance leadership position. A Corporate Controller will be accountable for managing UNQL Accounting, Financial and Management Reporting Functions. This position requires an individual with strong business, financial and accounting skills, business acumen, effective interpersonal and communication skills, and the ability to partner successfully with internal and external stakeholders.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for analyzing, interpreting, and controlling the organization's accounting and financial records.
- Assist the CFO in all aspects of financial and management reporting, consolidated financial statements and SEC reporting.
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable/ Credit Control functions
- Ensure timely and accurate month end close, review, and prepare reconciliations, journal entries, maintain General and Subsidiary ledgers.
- Develop and maintain effective accounting policies and procedures.
- Evaluate and monitor internal controls to ensure integrity of financial reporting.
- Research and implement accounting standards and prepare memos when required.
- Work closely with bankers, lenders, investors, auditors/accountants, and tax advisors.
- Develop accounting personnel.
- Leadership and a keen drive for results and cost-effective business principals
- Collaborative, able to work with all business units.
- Flexible and a strong communicator
- Player/coach mentality, with the proven ability to roll up sleeves when needed.
- Business, finance, or accounting degree, required.
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience, required.
- CPA designation is a plus.
The responsibilities associated with this job will change from time to time in accordance with the Company’s business needs. More specifically, the incumbent may be required to perform additional and/or different responsibilities from those set forth above.
The above declarations are not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Management retains discretion to add or change duties of this position at any time.
Unique Logistics International (NYC), LLC. is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, disability, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Please fill out the form below to submit your application.